1.The ITHA stands behind all other horsemen‘s associations in other jurisdictions where there are disputes. And we have had these associations stand behind us as well.
2.Weekly updates on the ITHA website for members so all can stay informed on the latest issues including legislative updates.
3.The ITHA provides a Claiming Benevolence for all eligible members. The benevolence is at a 50% rate up to $20,000. Both the owner and trainer must have a card on file with the ITHA office prior to the race. (Contact the ITHA office for full details)
4.The ITHA maintains full-time employees’ that will assist members with any paperwork pertaining to racing. (Bill of Sale, Documents and a Fax Service, etc.) These employees’ also will assist in Bloodstock Research, Pedigree’s or Past Performances.
5.The ITHA provides representation to any Horse Industry function or Meeting.
6. Representation in Springfield concerning any legislative matter.
7. The ITHA retains a political lobbyist for OUR needs. This lobbyist is not associated with any other horsemen’s group.
8.The ITHA retains excellent General Counsel and Certified Public Accountants to oversee contract negotiations, purse accounts and elections.
9. The ITHA carefully inspects each contract and simulcast schedule prior to each live meet.
10. In the ITHA office we have 200 free programs for owner’s and trainer’s, plus copies of the Daily Racing Form and other papers for your viewing.
11. The Chicago Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Foundation is the benevolence arm of the ITHA. The CTHF provides a self-funded medical assistance program for Trainer’s and Assistant Trainer’s along with their licensed employees’. The CTHF also has a scholarship program for eligible member’s children. The CTHF also supports the summer program at Arlington Park for the children of the backstretch. This program is in cooperation between Arlington Park, District 214 and the ITHA. The CTHF is involved with several other areas’ of benevolence.
12. Supplies the membership with tongue ties in the paddock.
13. The Executive Director along with the IRB inspects weekly the horsemen’s purse account. An updated purse report is available, just contact the Executive Director.
14. The ITHA has 2 sitting representatives on the advisory council of The Department of Agriculture.
15. The ITHA maintains a close working relationship with other associations in this state to monitor pertinent horsemen’s issues.
16. Supply a monthly column to The Illinois Racing News to keep members informed.
17. The ITHA supplies speakers for meetings, symposiums or any other like items.
18. The ITHA keeps an open line of communication with management of the tracks, along with the IRB.
19. Annual audit that is published. The ITHA maintains an open door policy. If you have a question, please feel free to ask.
20.The goal of the ITHA is to represent ALL horsemen.
All of the ITHA’s services could not be listed. If you do not see something, please do not hesitate to contact the office.
Chicago Horsemen's Thoroughbred Foundation The CTHF is the benevolent arm of our association. Established with concerns for the safety and well being of our members, our association has provided assistance in:
The CTHF has also entered into a prescription service available to trainers and backstretch personnel. Identification cards are provided for personnel of the track holding specific types of licenses. These cards must be renewed yearly at the time of re-licensing.